23 June 2011

Self-reliance around the Net: six self-sufficient ideas

I came across an article on TheCoolist the other day, titled: Independent at Home: Six Systems for Self-Sufficient Living. Most of the six ideas are interesting, but don't seem especially helpful, at least not for me. Two of them, however, are things that I'm exploring further.

The vertical hydroponic gardening looks interesting, though the equipment shown (and linked at the article) is a bit pricey. It looks like some research and innovation are in order.

The other idea that intrigues me is the rainwater barrel network. I'm currently working out a rainwater collection setup, and this has given me some more ideas.

Which ideas did you like? Did any of them make you think of something better that you've seen (or done yourself)?

No comments:

Post a Comment